This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the 8th Regular Course of degree programmes of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence on Monday 13th April, 2020 and ends on Sunday 5th July, 2020. Admission into the Academy is opened to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
Available Courses are:
- a. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
- History & International Studies
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
- Political Science
Requirements for Admission
- Be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age,
- Must have a height of not less than 67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age)
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of Six (6) credits at the WAEC or NECONABTEB at not more than 2 sittings. All Candidates must also have a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical tests of fitness.
- Candidates must select the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as first choice in the JAMB form and meet the cut-off mark of 180 in UTME and above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 21 designated Centres
Mode of application into the Nigeria Police Academy (NPA)
- Interested Applicants are advised to visit: polac.edu.ng
- Generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code.
- Make payment of N3,500.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria. Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB] as well as sit for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Complete the application online form and submit
- Ensure you print our your Acknowledgement slip
Note: Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview.
Application Closing Date
All applications form interested and intending application closes on Sunday 5th July, 2020.
Date and Requirements for Examination
- The NPA Examination will be Pencil and Paper Based (PPB) and probably Computer Based Test (CBT) which comprises of General Paper (Section A) and will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics.
- Other sections are to be selected according to candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 8th August, 2020.
- Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, current JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature.
Note: The list of successful candidates will be published on the website of the Nigeria Police Academy.
Nature and Duration of the Course
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined Academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).