2020/2021 Nigerian Military School Application – Application are invited from prospective candidates for admission into JSS1 for the 2020/2021 Academic Session for the Nigerian Military School (NMS), see more details below.
Once every year, Nigerian Military School (NMS) opens admission for suitably qualified candidates to apply; this admission is strictly for only JSS1 students.
In this article, we will give you all the guidelines, requirements, eligibility and application procedures on how to enroll your wards and apply successfully into the Nigerian Military School.
Briefly about the Nigerian Military School (NMS)
The School was established on 20 May 1954 with an initial intake of thirty Boys known as the “First Platoon”. At inception, the school was named Boys Company of Nigeria and the First Platoon was divided into 4 Houses, namely Exam, Inglis, Fairbanks and Swynuerton. However, its history can be traced to 1951 when the idea of establishing “Boys Company” along the same pattern of the Boys Wing of British Army was conceived for each of the four British West African colonies namely the Gambia, Gold Coast (Ghana), Nigeria and Sierra Leone. The aim was to inculcate and encourage family tradition in the force, hence the bulk of the pioneer set were sons and wards of serving military personnel. For more details about the NMS, Click Here
Eligibility for Application
The Nigerian Military School is STRICTLY FOR BOYS; this school is where Boys receive comprehensive academic and military training adequate for their enlistment into the Nigerian Army as soldiers. Admission of Boys into the School is strictly for JSS1 ONLY. Candidates for admission MUST not be less 12 years old by September of year of admission. Maximum age limit is 14 years.
REQUIREMENTS for Admission INTO NIGERIA MILITARY SCHOOL (NMS)
Candidate must be a Male Nigerian and also meet the following requirements below:
- Interested candidates must be Male Nigerians whose age should be between 12 and 14 years at the time of entry into Nigerian Military School, Zaria.
- Candidates must have completed their primary school education.
- They must also be medically and physically fit
- Must be of good moral character.
Furthermore, Candidates would be considered for admission only if they follow the application procedures online through this portal; and only if they have been invited to the selection interview and they pass all requirements.
Application Procedures and how to apply
Interested candidates must fill the Application Form online by following through these procedures:
- Visit https://www.nms1954.sch.ng/apply/
- If you have already created your form for this year, you can log in by clicking the GREEN tab.
- If you want to fill the form for the first time, click the BLUE tab:
- In Step 1, read the instructions carefully then click on the “START” button.
- In Step 2, fill in candidate’s personal information and click “Next”.
- In Step 3, fill in candidate’s contact details and click “Next”.
- In Step 4, fill in other details and click “Next”.
- Finally, click “Generate Form” to complete the form creation.
- When your Payment Advice displays, you can either click the “PAY AT BANK” button or the “PAY ONLINE” button depending on your preferred choice (please see instruction on how to pay).
- Please note that application form fee is N2500, once paid, is non-refundable.
- You can finally submit your Application Form only after your payment has been confirmed.
- After finally submitting, remember to print out your Application Form, Payment Advice and PhotoCard which you must present at the examination center.
See how to Reset/Change Password on the NEXIT Portal –Click Here
Application Closing Date
All entries for application close on 29th MAY, 2021 at 11:59 PM
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site noblinkskoncept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- Don’t forget to drop your comments in the COMMENT BOX
- Just like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here