Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme – Applications are invited from suitably qualified interested candidates for admission into the following graduate programmes in the 2021/2022 session, see more application details below.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
About the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem. Among its features are:
- Individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- An objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- Funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- Awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders.
Benefits of this Scheme
- A stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Timeline and Key dates
|Call open||16:00 (Irish time) 2 September 2021|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 14 October 2021|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 21 October 2021|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 4 November 2021|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 18 November 2021|
|Call outcome||End of March 2022|
|Award start date||1 September 2022|
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Potential applicants should read the CALL DOCUMENTATION carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply, this includes the following:
Qualified and interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply
All applications close on 21th October 2021.
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site noblinkskoncept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- Don’t forget to drop your comments in the COMMENT BOX
- Like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
- Follow us on Twitter @ambrose_norbert
- You can also subscribe for our newsletter with your phone number or email Address for more updates, using the subscription column.