The Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Nigeria is considering the recruitment of a Project Officer, Economic Reform. The successful candidate will be responsible for specific projects/programmes with primary focus on economic reform. Interested applicants/candidates should apply through here.
About the European Union (EU
The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional cross-cutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organized crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
Project Officer, Economic Reform
Functions and Duties
The section ‘Economic Cooperation and Energy’ of the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS is seeking to fill the vacancy of a Project Officer. The section is responsible for identifying, implementing and managing projects and programmes of the European Development Funds and of the thematic lines of the Development Cooperation Instruments. Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the responsibilities include the following:
- Review sector trends, sector institutional framework, government sector programmes, current support activities undertaken by the international community, provide analysis and identify support gaps and possible roles for the EU.
- Initiate and participate in the identification and all subsequent stages of project formulation and preparation of new activities to be supported in the sub-sectors concerned.
- Monitor the implementation of the EU funded programmes inter alia by reviewing and approving annual work-plans and reports and monitor progress in the field.
- Report on project implementation.
- Represent the Commission in Project Steering Committee meetings and forum relevant for the sector.
- Ensure that EU regulations and procedures for the implementation of the projects are properly followed, by implementing agencies.
- To review and approve all technical aspects of supporting documentation before payment.
- Promote and ensure better co-ordination between donors and other stakeholders involved in the sub-sector.
- The staff member must contribute to the further development of EU sub-sector operational strategies and actively contribute to policy dialogue.
To provide to the Delegation the technical expertise for to the analysis, conception, preparation, implementation, monitoring and appraisal of the EU programmes in the area of Economic and public sector reforms (public finance management, macro-economics, public administration reform, statistics) mostly in Nigeria but also at the regional level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. A Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) will be considered an asset.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 year in performing the above mentioned tasks
Knowledge IT tools:
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel
- Handle statistical data will be an asset.
Skills and talents:
Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone , respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 level).
- Knowledge of French will be an asset (C2 level).
The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale depending on years of relevant professional experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications via email, consisting of a Letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum) to “the Head of Administration” via: email@example.com Application should clearly state the title of the post and job number on the subject “Project Officer, Economic Reform – Job No 58361”
Closing Date: Applications closes on 10th February, 2019
Note: Applications received after the deadline stated above or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.