Recruitment into the Nigerian Police Academy 2019 is ongoing, for academic and non-academic personnel to register and apply here. This is to inform the general public that applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates into Nigerian Police Academy. This article will guide you through the process of applying and registration.
About the Nigerian Police Academy
The Nigeria Police Academy came into actuality on the 15th March, 1988 from two temporary locations (Police College Kaduna, and Police Training School Chalawa, Kano). The Academy was upgraded to a degree awarding institution by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April, 2012. Subsequently, the National Universities Commission (NUC) recognized the Academy as the 37th Federal University and 124th University in the Nigerian university system, the same year. The degree programme started in September, 2013.
The Academy is located at Kilometre 45 Kano – Maiduguri Road was established as a model security training institution, internationally respected for the quality of its training and the excellence of its academic standard. The Academy runs two programmes simultaneously (Academic and Professional Police training) leading to the award of a bachelor’s degree.
Available Positions in the ongoing Nigerian Police Academy Recruitment
- Professor (Science)
- Professor (Law)
- Professor (Humanities)
- Professor (Social and Management Sciences)
- Reader (Social and Management Sciences)
- Reader (Humanities)
- Reader (Law)
- Reader (Science)
- Senior Lecturer (Science)
- Senior Lecturer (Law)
- Senior Lecturer (Humanities)
- Senior Lecturer (Social and Management Sciences)
- Lecturer I (Social and Management Sciences)
- Lecturer I (Humanities)
- Lecturer I (Law)
- Lecturer I (Science)
- Law Librarian
- Technical Officer
- Senior Technical Officer
- Senior Technologist
- Technologist I
- Applicants must possess B.Sc or HND in relevant field from a recognized university or its equivalent with at least 3 years cognate experience.
- Membership of AIST or FISLT will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to attach to their Applications, twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Name with Surname underlined.
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin/local Government
- Nationality & how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number & ages of children
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & E-mail
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic/professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Honours and Distinctions (If any)
- Academic/Scholarly publications (in standard format)
- Conferences Attended/Papers presented with dates
- Previous Employment(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment including status and salary, duties and any other experience.
- Name, Phone Numbers. and addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar via the address below.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope with the inscription of the post for which you are applying on the top left hand corner addressed and sent to:
Nigeria Police Academy Wudil,
P.O. Box 14830,
Application Deadline: 12 March, 2019
Please Note this:
Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.