The 2019 Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Recruitment Portal opened apply here. Have you been looking for opportunity to work for Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) the opportunity is here again now! Start your application process through here.
This is to inform he general public that applications are been invited from suitably and qualified applicants into the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), this article will serve as a guide for you on how to apply successfully, requirements and qualification needed for Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is the apex regulatory and promotional maritime agency. The Agency was created from the merger of National Maritime Authority and Joint Maritime Labour Industrial Council (former parastatals of the Federal Ministry of Transport).
The Agency was established primarily for the administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers Standards and Security, Maritime Labour, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping and Cobatage activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment, the Agency also implements domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions.
Main Functions of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
- Pursue the development of shipping and regulatory matters relating to merchant shipping and seafarers.
- Administration and regulation of shipping licenses.
- Administration, Regulation and Certification of Seafarers.
- Establishment of Maritime Training and Safety Standards
- Regulation of safety of shipping as regards the construction of ships and navigation.
- Provision of Maritime Search and Rescue Services
- Provide direction and ensure compliance with vessels security measures
- Carry out Air and Coastal Surveillance
- Control and prevent Maritime Pollution
- Develop and implement policies and programs, which will facilitate the growth of local capacity in ownership, manning and construction of ships and other maritime infrastructure.
- Enhance and administer the provision of Cabotage Act. 2003
- Perform Port and Flag State duties.
- Provide Maritime Security.
- Establish the procedure for the implementation of conventions of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Labour Organization (ILO), and other international conventions to which the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a party on Maritime Safety and Security, Maritime Labour, Commercial Shipping, and for the implementation of Codes, Resolutions and Circulars arising there from.
Available Jobs at 2019 NIMASA Recruitment
- Electro Technical Officer (ETO)
- Chief Engineer
- Chief Mate
Credentials for the 2019 Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Recruitment
- The candidates must have minimum of five (5) years of work experience
- The above documents must be valid for at least 12 months
Mode of Application 2019 Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their email addresses to: firstname.lastname@example.org A Curriculum Vitae format will be sent to you to fill and return via same email address.
- Wrongly filled CV will not be attended to and only qualified candidates will be contacted
- Holders of foreign Certificate of Competence should provide websites/email addresses where license can be verified.