2019 Girls in ICT National Competition through Ministry of Communication Technology Application Form is out applying now! We are glad to inform the general public about the 2019 Girls in ICT National Competition through Ministry of Communication Technology. Registrations ongoing now endeavor to apply/register before the closing arrive.
Are you a lady interested of moving your career forward your opportunity is here apply now for 2019 Girls in ICT National Competition through Ministry of Communication Technology. To participates successfully you must register online to be shortlisted for the ICT National Competition through Ministry of Communication Technology.
2019 Girls in ICT National Competition through Ministry of Communication Technology
The Ministry of Communication Technology – As part of its activities to mark the 2019 “Girls in ICT Day” celebration is calling for participation on her National ICT Competition themed: “Girls Innovate/Invent/Create” from girls in secondary schools nationwide.
International Girls in ICT Day is an initiative backed by all ITU Member States in ITU Plenipotentiary Resolution 70 (Guadalajara, 2010). It aims to create a global environment that empowers and encourages girls and young women to consider careers in the growing field of information and communication technologies (ICTs). International Girls in ICT Day is celebrated on the 4th Thursday in April every year.
Theme of this year competition is “Girls Innovate/Invent/Create”
Get more updates HERE
Guidelines on Participation
A team of a maximum of three girls each in any secondary school in Nigeria to come up with solutions to pressing challenges in their communities addressing SDGs 1-8. Girls should be between 13 – 18 years old.
Entries should give a detailed description of a Proposal, Project or Idea on what your team can do using ICT in addressing the above SDGs.
Successful schools would receive special Awards in the below categories
- 1st Prize: N500,000 (Five hundred thousand naira)
- 2nd Prize: N300,000 (Three hundred thousand naira)
- 3rd Prize: N200,000 (Two hundred thousand naira).
Mode of Application for 2019 Girls in ICT National Competition
Interested and qualified candidates/participants should submit the following documents below in a zip folder to: email@example.com The subject of the mail should read “Submission from <name of school>” and the zipped file named after the school.
Please include the under listed documents
- Not more than 10-page detailed Proposal in Microsoft Word document between 750 to 2000 words, including full names of teams and SDG (s) being addressed;
- Power Point Presentation of not more than 15 slides;
- A less than 3- minutes video pitch;
- Entries should be clearly marked and labelled with Name of student(s)/school and endorsed by the school Principal
Please note the following:
- Participants in this Competition must be ready to demonstrate ownership of the Proposal when called upon to do so.
- Participants are advised to check the portal from time to time. Only submissions through the portal will be considered.
- Prizes will only be Awarded to support the Innovations or Ideas for the Submissions. Due to the volume of entries that this Competition will Attract, only successful entries will be contacted.
- Entries will be received from “Friday, 17th May to Monday, 10th June, 2019”. Winners will be announced on Friday 14th June, 2019.
- For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Contact: Edwin: 08065473942, Tolu: 09094387766