We are glad to inform the general public about the 2020 African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Application (JADS) Form to study in Japan, application only allows nationals of a African Development Bank Group (AfDB) member country to process form. Register here.
This post is specifically on how to apply for 2020 AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Form and application Requirements for successful registration.
Brief About Japan Africa Dream Scholarships (JADS)
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) is a Capacity building in energy sector through skills development for sustainable development– is a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in priority development areas on the continent and abroad (including in Japan). This JADS program is funded by the Government of Japan.
Check Also: 2019 MTN Foundation Scholarships
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
Who can apply for 2020 AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS)
- Interested candidate must be a national of a AfDB member country
- Interested candidate be in good health
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 year prior to the application deadline date
- Have 1 year or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs
Benefits of applying for 2020 AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Form
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books
How to apply for 2020 AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Form
- Get JADS form from here via application form
- Applicant sends documents (application form, university transcripts and certificate, CV, professional references and research proposal), to the JADS Secretariat for first screening through JADS@AFDB.ORG
Please note the following:
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Secretariat sends shortlist of candidates to selected Japanese universities
- Universities does second screening and share selected students with JADS Secretariat
Application Form closing date for AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship
The deadline is on 31st of August 2019