Recently, the Embassy of Japan gladly inform you that the Government of Japan will provide scholarship for Nigerian Primary/Secondary school teachers who desire to take teacher training course and Japanese language training in Japan.
Therefore the government of Japan invites applications for Primary/Secondary school teachers in Nigeria into her Scholarship program tagged 2020 Japanese MEXT Teachers Training Students Scholarship. The application Form is out apply here.
Briefly About the Japanese MEXT Teachers Training Students Scholarship
The Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship is open to graduates of universities and teachers training colleges no more than thirty-four (34) years of age (must be born on or after April 2, 1985), who have taught as teachers at primary/secondary schools or teacher training colleges for at least five years in their home countries at the time of application.
Eligibility/Requirements for 2020 Japanese MEXT Teachers Training Students Scholarship
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Interested Candidates must be born on or after April 2, 1985. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to the situation or circumstances of the applicant’s country (military service obligation
- Interested Candidates must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for a total period of five years or more as of October 1, 2020.
- Interested Candidates must be willing to learn Japanese
- Interested Candidates must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Applicants must be able to arrive in Japan by the designated period
Benefits for successful Beneficiaries
- Allowance: 143,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants that meet all the requirements and eligibility process above should apply via https://www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/smap_stopj-applications_teacher.html
The deadline for the Application Form is on the 14th January 2020,
Please endeavor to register.