It is now known that the Federal Government has initiated a policy, which is “No tax payment no access to bank account” for Individual Taxpayers and Non Individual Taxpayers without Tax ID access to their bank accounts, this policy will take effect from January 2020.
Have you done your own verification? If no, read below to see how you can verify yours and get your TIN number.
In this article, I will show you how to enroll for the exercise and get you TIN number successfully from the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) portal.
In 2020 Millions of Nigerians without Tax Identification Number (TIN) may/would be denied access to their bank accounts from January 2020 following the recent passage of the Finance Bill, as amended, by the National Assembly.
The following steps for a successful verification exercise will be listed here, please read carefully; if you get confused at any point, please drop a comment at the comment box for assistance.
Enrollment Process into Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) TIN Verification System
To enroll for the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) TIN verification system, visit the portal or website via https://apps.firs.gov.ng/tinverification/
You can enroll through any of these three process:
Search using Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Select Tax Identification Number on the Select Search Criteria Drop down list below
- Input your TIN (FIRS or JTB TIN) in the Search value field, input the correct captcha image text and click on the search button
Search using CAC Registration Number
- Select CAC Registration number in the search criteria drop down list then enter the Number Registered with Corporate Affairs Commission proceeded by the corresponding alphabets e.g RC12345 for Corporate entities and BN12345 for Enterprises or as the case may be in the search value field.
- Input the correct captcha image text and click on the search button
Search using Phone Number
- Select ‘Registered Phone Number’ on the Select Search Criteria Drop down list below
- Input your phone number in the Search value field, input the correct captcha image text and click on the search button
You can also verified through https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng