The Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) of the Federal Government of Nigeria, and Africa’s largest microcredit scheme, 100 per cent digitized that gives free interest loan to Micro, Small and Medium businesses, farmers, traders etc.
This scheme was introduced to assist and boost the economy by the Federal Government under the administration of His Excellency President Muhammudu Buhari.
About GEEP – Government Enterprise and Empowerment Scheme
Micro, Small and Medium businesses are the bedrock of the Nigerian economy. Facts are: Nigerian has over 77 million MSMEs today, employing over 60 million of our people and contributing about 85% of our total labor force in the country. In its resolve to support and accelerate economic activity of MSMEs, the Federal Government has established MarketMoni.
MarketMoni, is a Federal Government micro-lending intervention that provides affordable loans of up to N100,000 (N50,000 for under-banked and unbanked first-time borrowers) at no interest rate apart from a five percent (5%) one time administrative fee. Our target is 1 million Nigerian micro businesses in all 36 states + the FCT. We encourage traders, artisans, enterprising youth and farmers to apply though our platform, especially women.
Types of GEEP Scheme you can apply:
Both market moni, trader moni and farmer moni are among the four schemes under the Social Intervention Programme (SIP) of the Government, and is being executed by the Bank of Industry (BoI).
How to register for GEEP and get access to MarketMoni Free Loan
- First, you must have a BVN
- Next, you must belong to an accredited market association or cooperative registered in your State or with the CAC.
- Third, your association or cooperative must indicate its interest in MarketMoni by submitting its information to BOI including its certificate of registration. You may contact us through the following platforms:
- visit www.boi.ng/marketreg
- Call 0700-CALL- BOI (which is 0700-225- 5264)
- visit any BOI office in the country, or
- Visit a NSIP assigned State Focal Person to register your cooperative’s interest in MarketMoni.
- If your association or cooperative qualifies, a MarketMoni agent would be sent to your group promptly to verify and capture your member information for loan assessment.
Note- This is ONLY for those that have a company or a business registered by the CAC