N-Power News: The Federal Government on Thursday said all outstanding payments of the N-Power Batches A and B Beneficiaries have been cleared. This news was made known by the minister today at a news conference in Abuja, see details below.
Hope no beneficiaries is still being owed as all outstanding payments of the N-Power Batches A and N-Power Batches B to beneficiaries have been made. This was the recent position of the Honourable Minister, Ms Sadiya Umar Farouq.
About 14,000 N-Power beneficiaries of the Batches A and B who were exited last year were not paid their five months allowances.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, last year directed those N-Power volunteers affected to report to their various State Focal Persons for verification and re-validation.
This might interest you: See Bio-metric Enrollment Procedures on NAISMS Portal
The directive was given by the Minister as part of efforts to resolve unpaid stipends withheld due to discrepancies in records of the N-Power beneficiaries.
The Ministry also stated that investigations conducted by the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) following the omission indicated that some N-Power beneficiaries were also getting salaries from other federal government MDAs.
However, speaking in Abuja during a workshop organised by the ministry on effective media reporting of the humanitarian sector, the minister said: “I do not think we still have the issue of N-Power backlog. We have sorted that out with the office of the Accountant General of the Federation.
“It has been a very tedious process but as at the last count, we have paid all the N-Power beneficiaries after the series of processes.
“Now, we have moved to the N-Power Batch C. Currently, the Ministry is about concluding the enrollment of 1,000,000 N-Power Batch-C applicants in two streams of 500,000 N-Power Batch C beneficiaries in the first instance and another 500,000 N-Power Batch C beneficiaries later.
“For the N-Power Batch A and B, as you are aware, they have exited and they have been put into programme in partnership with the Central Bank of Nigeria for them to be engaged in meaningful employment or trade.”
The Minister also hinted that it will commence the payment of N5,000 each to one million urban workers in the informal sector.
She said: “The Rapid Response Register has been put in place by the Ministry as a shock responsive intervention register specifically targeted at the urban informal workers impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic.
“One million beneficiaries will receive cash transfers of N5, 000 for six months. A pilot scheme commenced earlier this year with 3,115 beneficiaries in Lagos and Abuja. It will be scaled nationwide.”
On the sensitization of the poor and vulnerable ahead of administering COVID-19 vaccines on them, she said: “We have commenced the sensitization process already; we are working with the National Primary Health Care Development Agency to see that we achieve this. We have started with the workers and we have vaccinated those that are going to the field to sensitize these particular group of people and then we will start administering the vaccine.”
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site noblinkskoncept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- Don’t forget to drop your comments in the COMMENT BOX
- Just like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here