A Vietnamese Court has sentence a Man named Le Van Tri to Five years in Jail for Spreading the Pandemic COVID-19, which has ravaged the world, see more details below.
This man was found guilty for violating COVID-19 protocols and spreading the deadly to eight people, one of whom eventually died.
Until now, Vietnam had been largely successful in keeping COVID out with tight restrictions.
But infections have surged since June, with an outbreak fuelled by the more contagious Delta variant.
The country has seen more than 530,000 cases with more than 13,300 deaths, many of which have occurred the last few months.
Many of those cases have been found in Ho Chi Minh City.
In early July, Tri, 28, had reportedly travelled by motorcycle from Ho Chi Minh City to his home province Ca Mau in the south of the country.
At Ca Mau, Tri was found to have lied on a health declaration form which asked about his recent travel history, and also failed to comply with isolation rules.
Local authorities at the time had made it mandatory that anyone travelling from other provinces into Ca Mau had to immediately isolate themselves for 21 days.
Tri later tested positive for Covid, and was found to have transmitted the virus to members of his family as well as staff at a welfare centre which he visited.
Tri was sentenced to jail at the end of a one-day trial, and was also fined the equivalent of $880 (£630).
To get more Updates
- Subscribe to the site noblinkskoncept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- Don’t forget to drop your comments in the COMMENT BOX
- Like our Facebook Page to get updates, Join here
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here
- Follow us on Twitter @ambrose_norbert
- You can also subscribe for our newsletter with your phone number or email Address for more updates, using the subscription column.