2023/2024 Graduate Scholarship at University of Toronto, Canada – Apply here
University of Toronto, Canada Graduate Scholarship for 2023/2024 session has commenced, applications are invited from suitable qualified applicants to apply, see more detailed information on the guidelines, requirement and application procedures.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) program encourages excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in Ontario.
Eligibility and Requirements Of OGS Scheme
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) by the student deadline as determined by each graduate unit; International students who are studying or plan to study at the University of Toronto under a temporary resident visa (student study permit) are eligible for a set number of OGS awards (valid study permits must be effective as of the graduate units’ OGS international application deadline);
- COVID-19 exception: Currently registered international graduate students who have not yet been able to obtain a study permit due to COVID-19 circumstances are eligible to apply. However, these applicants must have a valid study permit in order to hold the award;
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible program on a full-time basis in 2023-2024;
- An eligible program is defined as a full-time program of study of two or three terms at the University of Toronto leading to a graduate degree. A full-time student is one who is in at least 60% of a full course load (40% for students with a permanent disability) or as defined by their institution. Program eligibility is determined individually by each graduate unit. Students should carefully review the information outlined by the graduate unit they intend to be registered in, to determine if their program is eligible for the graduate unit’s OGS competition.
READ: 2023 HUNGARY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR ONLINE SUMMER COURSES –APPLY NOW
- Have not exceeded the lifetime maximum of government-funded support or maximum OGS/QEII support available for their current level of study (see Maximum Support below); and
- Have achieved at least A- (or equivalent) in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent); or if the student has completed two years or more of graduate studies at the time of application, the student must only demonstrate an overall average of at least A- (or equivalent) on all graduate courses completed.
Benefits of the OGS Scholarship and Duration
The value of the OGS is $5,000 per session. Thus, awardees may receive $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions. In all instances, the awarding graduate unit will contribute to one-third the cost of the total award received by the students.
Each scholarship is tenable for one year (i.e., two consecutive or three academic sessions). The value and duration of each OGS award will be determined by the awarding graduate unit and detailed in the offer letter.
OGS application requires the following listed below:
READ ALSO: See New Training Dates for Shortlisted INEC ADHOC Staff for 2023 General Elections in the 36 States
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (unofficial and student-issued transcripts are permitted; e.g., ACORN screenshots).
- Previous awards/publications/conference/research experience.
- Plan of study (Maximum 2 pages: 1 page for Plan of Study, 1 page for references/citations).
- Two academic references (referees will be required to submit online).
How to apply
To register online – view Official Website HERE
Applicants must submit an OGS application to their proposed graduate unit using the U of T School of Graduate Studies centralized online OGS application. Each graduate unit will have their own internal submission deadline to which applicants must adhere. Prior to applying, applicants should review the OGS Application Instructions.
Once the entire application has been completed and submitted online, it will be made available to the proposed graduate unit for review and consideration.
To get updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
LIKE our Facebook page for more updates
FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for more updates
For questions and challenges, Comment Below