Nigerian Institute of Medical of Research (NIMR) Foundation – Are you a medical practitioner? Do you want to expand your career, create and promote innovation, development and commercialization of home-grown medicines, vaccines and technologies to address the health problems in Nigeria and Africa at large? If this is your dream, grab this opportunity now and partake in this life-changing program today.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Therefore applications are invited from suitable and qualified applicants into the 2023 Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme (GMTP) of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Foundation.
In this article, you will see all the guidelines, eligibility, requirements, qualifications and application procedures on how you can apply successfully, see more details below as you read on.
About the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) Foundation
The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research with pilot funding from Welcome Trust in 2019 conducted the maiden Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme (GMTP) for a cohort of 30 early career researchers. This was informed by the mandate of the Institute to systematically train critical mass of junior and mid-level researchers who are able to perform high-quality, cutting-edge research and develop home grown solutions to address our health system challenges. To build on successes recorded from the maiden edition of the training and following the establishment of the NIMR Foundation in 2020 and the hugely positive outcomes recorded from the 2nd edition of the training programme held in 2022, NIMR Foundation in collaboration with Nigerian Institute of Medical Research hereby calls for applications from early career researchers from across Nigeria for the 3rd Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Program.
Aims of this 2023 Grantsmanship and Mentorship Training Programme (GMTP)
The aims of this programme initiated by the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Foundation are:
- To build an adequate and sustainable network of committed early career investigators
- To establish inter-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative approach
- To establish proficiency in developing high-quality, competitive grant writing and capacity for healthcare research and development in Nigeria.
To be eligible for this program, applicants are to meet up with the criteria stated below:
- You are a citizen of a Nigeria (from any of the six-geopolitical zones).
- You are an early career investigator (junior and mid-level researcher) and you have completed your research education (either of below)
- you have been awarded a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognized academic institution normally within the past 6 years
- you have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS research-relevant Master’s degree, both awarded normally within the previous 6 years
- You are currently employed in Nigeria by a recognized university or research institution and a significant part of your job role includes developing and conducting health care research.
- You have not previously participated in similar grant-writing and/ or proposal development training by the Institute or other organization.
- You have limited or no experience in proposal development and grant-writing.
- You have not won any significant local or international research grants.
- You can commit to stepping down the training at your local institution within a period of 3 months after the training
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this training opportunity.
Needed Entry Requirements
Applicants should include the following documents in their application:
- A two-page bio-sketch (NIH format) with a maximum of 5 publications.
- A one-page research concept note (Times New Roman, Size 12, Spacing 1.15).
- Motivation letter of not more than 500 words (Times New Roman, Size 12, Spacing 1.15).
- A Letter of recommendation/Support from Dean/Provost of the Faculty/College indicating
- Endorsement to attend the workshop
- How the training will benefit the researcher/investigator
- Commitment that applicant will be available completely for the 21 days training
- Support for the applicant to step down the training within his/her institution on completing the training workshop.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should follow the steps below to apply successfully:
- CLICK HERE to complete and submit the online application
- Provide the required documents including the following:
- Short motivation essay of not more than 500 words
- One page research proposal
- Short bio sketch (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of recommendation/support from the Provost/Dean of College/Faculty
Note: Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of completion of the Ethics Course (CITI) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
For more information, click on the 2023 GMTP website
All applications must be submitted before Sunday 6th August, 2023 11:59PM WAT
To get updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
For questions and challenges, Comment Below