We use this medium to inform the general public that applications are invited for suitably qualified applicants by the The Confederation of African Football (CAF) for Safety & Security Officer, see more information below on the application guidelines and procedures.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
About Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety & Security Officer
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Safety & Security Officer.
- The position will be based in CAF Headquarters – Cairo, Egypt.
- Report to the Head of Safety and Security.
- Responsible in the preparation of all competitions related safety and security documents.
- Monitor all in- country risk assessment and report on potential high-risk countries with impact on CAF competitions, matches and events.
- Liaise with member associations on competitions/events safety and security related operations for CAF organized matches.
- Liaise and coordinate the activities of all national safety and security officers on matters relating to competition safety and security.
- Responsible in writing reports on competitions / events safety and security.
- Liaise with competitions department to identify and classify high risk matches and report same to Head of safety and security.
- Serve as a link between the safety and security division and other internal departments and divisions on matters of safety and security.
- Monitor the safety and security related in country assessment and identify MA’s with serious need for an intervention Programme.
- Liaise with club licensing department in enhancing specific competitions related safety and security requirements for stadiums.
- Ensure the collation of all safety certificates of all stadiums to be used for all CAF matches and tournaments.
- Participate in competitions safety and security related workshops and trainings.
- Coordinate safety and security meetings with security agencies.
- Support the delivery of competitions and events related safety and security operations.
- Liaise with CAF safety and security officers on behalf of the division.
- Monitor and follow-up on all related safety and security matters.
- Compile end of seasons incidents reports for all CAF competitions.
- Read all submitted reports by CAF safety and security officers and summarize key findings for the attention of Head of safety and security.
- Carry out any other function as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of safety and security.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of First Degree in any field (A sport related field shall be added advantage).
- Certificate in sport safety and security or any safety and security.
- Proven experience in football match organization safety and security.
- Fluent in both English & French spoken and written, command of the Arabic is an advantage.
- Proven track record to have worked and supervised officers and men.
- Experience in cooperate, event, and mass gathering security.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
28th February, 2023.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration