We use this medium to inform the general public that applications are invited from interested, suitable and qualified applicants for the position of Solar Project Engineer at TotalEnergies PLC. See guidelines, requirements on how to apply below.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
About TotalEnergies PLC
TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. As a company with over 500 professions in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies places sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of populations by offering high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development.
- Project Engineer (Solar)
Offer ID: 70484BR
Location: Churchgate Street, Lagos
Metier: Inspection & Maintenance General Resp., Maintenance
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Marketing & Services
- Manages the design of solar projects from point of award to point of handover.
- The job holder visits company and/ or client sites to carry out engineering assessment and prepare engineering reports identifying the work scope
- Defines work scope recommendations and project proposals
- The job holder carries out engineering analysis, design and calculations for projects that have such requirements. The job holder also oversees the preparation of the required engineering drawings.
- Works with the solar business team on the technical and commercial specifications of any solar project being prospected
- Prepares cost estimates based on the aforementioned and will define BOQ and tender requirements with Quantity Surveyor
- Provides all necessary engineering assistance to contractors in compliance with company policies and regulations
- Appraises contractors at the completion of project
- Acts as the first link between the contractor and company for projects
- Ensures that all the materials and data required for proper job execution are made available to the contractor
- Controls that equipment, materials and data required for proper job execution are made available to the contractor
- The job holder follows up on the payment of the contractors and prepares financial statement for projects executed.
- Manage and organise interventions of different contractors and suppliers in the project
- Propose and supervise implementation of solar projects, consumer location, and electrical projects or installations in company sites or as directed.
- Conducts site visits, inspect works, organises and directs site meetings along with final project commissioning
- He/she is and acts as the on-site technical representative to TotalEnergies Marketing Nigeria Plc
- Must ensure that works are done in compliance with safety regulations and quality requirements
Context and Environment
- The Project Engineer (Solar) shall be based in the company’s head office but will be required to visit any of the company’s or customer sites at various locations all over the country where his attention is required from time to time.
- The Project Engineer (Solar) shall liaise with Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Installation and Plant Maintenance Manager and Solar Business Solutions Manager.
- Favourable: Strong group standards and guidelines, teamwork, Challenges: (non) availability of materials, equipment, competent contractors, available budget, socio economic issues.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Eng./ B.Sc. Electrical / Electronics Engineering or its Equivalent
- Computer literacy (AutoCAD)
- Must have Project Management and Interpersonal Skills.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience
- Registration with professional body, necessary but not compulsory.
- Position accessible to a person with a disability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To get updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
For questions and challenges, Comment Below