At the heart of transforming the African continent is developing women entrepreneurs. Are you a passionate, African, female innovator with a groundbreaking idea in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, or Mining (STEM)? Are you meeting a development need in your country? Are you ready to turn your vision into a thriving startup that can change the world? If yes, we invite you to apply for our Africa Innovation Fellowship Program.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Therefore The Africa Innovation Fellowship powered by WomHub, WomEng and Royal Academy of Engineering is calling on all women-owned Engineering businesses into her WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship Program 2023; see guidelines, requirements, eligibility criteria and application procedures stated below.
About WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship Program
WomHub is a boutique pan-African incubator for female-founders in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing). At WomHub, we design and implement programmes for our clients which provide a holistic offering of business services tailored for female founders. This includes our co-working space (launching September 2020), pipeline sourcing, incubator programmes (in-person and virtual), learning & development and investor readiness.
WomHub offers a suite of services from tailored services for the individual founder all the way through to working? With corporations focused on building a diverse supply chains and workforce ready for the future.
Since 2019, Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF), in partnership with the Royal Academy of Engineering, has been developing women-owned STEM innovations across sub-Saharan Africa. AIF 2023 is an eight-month leadership and business development opportunity for African women innovators with an early-stage engineering innovation or start up looking to grow, scale and prepare to be investor ready. A number of AIF alumni have gone on to successfully apply for the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation.
AIF kicks off in October 2023 with a virtual masterclass series focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development, funding, and pitch readiness, ending in May 2024. The programme is designed to provide founders with a fully funded in person entrepreneurship bootcamp, expert engineering council, venture clinic, mentorship and financial coaching needed to turn their innovative ideas into successful businesses.
Aims and Benefits of WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship Program 2023
Stated below are the aims and benefits attached to the program and why you should apply:
- Mentorship: Access to a network of experienced mentors and industry experts.
- Workshops and Training: Comprehensive training in business development, including; market access, product strategy, external factors, commercial models.
- Co-working Space: Access to a dedicated workspace equipped with essential resources.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with fellow entrepreneurs, investors, and potential collaborators.
- Pitch Opportunities: Present your startup to potential investors and partners.
- Exposure: Showcase your innovation to a global audience.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
The following listed below are all the requirements needed for one to be eligible to make a good application into the WomHub Africa Innovation Program 2023, as stated below:
- Applicants must identify as women.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit
- Applicants must have a registered new or innovative STEM-based business idea or startup based in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants should have developed, and be in the early stages of commercializing, an engineering innovation that will bring social and/or environmental benefits to a country/countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa*. For teams of two or more, the main applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- No alumni – or co-founders of alumni – on the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation will be eligible for the AIF programme.
- Strong commitment to pursuing entrepreneurship.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the eight month-long programme commencing in October 2023 to May 2024.
Applicants must have a valid passport and be available to travel between October 2023 to May 2024.
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge in their chosen STEM field.
- Willingness to actively participate in the program.
Eligible African Countries
The following Sub-Saharan African Countries for this Fellowship include:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland/Ewatini, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Djibouti is not included in Sub-Saharan Africa, as it is handled administratively as part of the Middle East and North Africa.
How to Apply
Interested application should access the application form online, by clicking on the link below.
To apply, CLICK HERE
- Fill out the online application form on our website. Only applications completed through the online application form will be accepted.
- Upload any supporting documents in the application form.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Final selection and program commencement.
Submission of completed applications closes on 5th October, 2023 23:59hrs SAST
Important Program Dates
- Interview Dates: 19th – 31st October, 2023
- Program Start Date: 23rd November, 2023
- Programme Support: November 2023 – June 2024
To get updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
For questions and challenges, Comment Below